The Art of Neighboring
While this study is four weeks long, you can shorten it as needed to fit the number of weeks your group has available.
The Fear Factor
Share one step you took this week to be a good neighbor.
How can you love your neighbors? Tanya was challenged to love her neighbors but couldn’t do it because she didn’t know them. Watch as she and her husband conquer fear by coming up with a small step.
Watch video: Love Your Neighbors: Breakfast Tacos
- What fears keep you from connecting with neighbors?
- Read Joshua 1:5-9 and Matthew 28:19-20. How does knowing that God is with you encourage you? How can reflecting on Jesus’s life, making space for praying to him, and listening to him help you to love others?
- Tanya decided to make breakfast tacos and bring them to the neighborhood garage sale. What is one thing you could do to connect with your neighbors?
- Tanya found once she took that first step it was easier and felt natural. What is the worst-case scenario if you take a step?
- Read Matthew 5:13-16. Discuss the functions of salt and light. What is Jesus saying about the disciple’s influence by comparing them with both?
- Would someone ask why you’re different? Would your neighbors be able to identify God through your actions?
- What one step can you take this week to engage with one of your neighbors?
WRAP UP & PRAYER
- Spend time praying for your neighbors and asking God to direct your path and overcome any fears you are feeling.
- Ask God to use you in a way that causes others to want to engage in spiritual conversations.