Balancing Life’s Demands Week 3: There’s More To Life Than Labor
Are you feeling busy, burned out, and stretched to the limit? Does life seem a little out of balance? Come learn how to put first things first and find peace in the midst of chaos.
There’s More To Life Than Labor
weekend in review
How to restore relationships that have been damaged by the fast pace of life.
Begin with some conversation, checking in on how people are doing. You can talk about whatever you’d like, but here are a few potential questions to get the conversation going.
- What is a sign that you know you are running on empty?
- What room in your home is most relaxing for you?
Select 3-4 questions from the list below to guide your discussion time.
- Read Exodus 20:8-11. How can you put a book-end on your time and say, “I need a day-off regularly to rest?”
- What are the consequences of not resting?
- Do you trust Him enough to follow His plan for rest, His rhythm of life?
- Are you convinced that a rested, replenished, refueled version of you can accomplish more in 6 days than a wiped-out, exhausted, depleted version of you can in 7 days?
- What has been the result of thinking you can accomplish more by doing things your way, instead of God’s?
- This week, journal as Gene suggested, starting with the word Yesterday and walk through your previous day. Reflect on it through the eyes of God and write down your reflections.
- Will you slow down and implement a level of reflection in your life that re-invigorates your soul?
- Read Matthew 11:28-30. Consider Gene’s encouragement that God is waiting for you to slow down and look His way for His grace, and He wants to refuel you with the power of His Holy Spirit. Spend time in prayer, reflecting on this passage.
WRAP UP & PRAYER
Share prayer requests and spend time praying for each other.