Something More Week 1: Finally Free
Something more…. Becoming God’s best version of you. Do you ever wonder if there is more to this life? More than just existing? More than just taking up space? More than just eat-work-sleep-repeat? When we allow God to transform us, He makes us free and fully alive. Join us at Eastside and journey “beyond the average.” You were made for more!
Finally Free… From My Past
weekend in review
This Easter weekend we celebrate the hope of the resurrection. We look at Jesus right after the resurrection and see how you can be finally free from our past regrets.
Begin with some conversation, checking in on how people are doing. You can talk about whatever you’d like, but here are a few potential questions to get the conversation going.
- Share if you listened to Gene’s Holy Week podcast series. What stood out to you? What challenged you?
Select 3-4 questions from the list below to guide your discussion time.
- Read John 21:1-3. Gene talks about how Simon Peter goes back to his boat because it is familiar. When your world seems to fall apart, or you are stressed where do you go to get away from it all.
- Read Matthew 26:31. When have you made a promise, you sincerely thought you would keep but failed to?
- Read Matthew 26:34-35. What emotions does the prediction Jesus makes evoke in the disciples?
- Read Luke 22:54. Peter who had vowed to never disown Jesus is now at a distance. Share a time you distanced yourself from your faith. Looking back what triggered that? How did you find your way back?
- Read John 21:16. What is the closest you have come to feeling so badly about your choices, you thought God was done with you? What did you discover about God in that experience?
- Gene talked about how if your picture of God is anything less than that of a God who loves you unconditionally, you’ve got the wrong picture of God. Do you believe this? If not, spend time in prayer this week asking God to free you from your past so you can accept his unconditional love.
- In John 21:16 Jesus tells Peter to feed my sheep. Who in your life is in needs to experience the resurrection power of Jesus in their life? Invite them to join you for church or spend time sharing how Jesus has changed your life.
WRAP UP & PRAYER
Share prayer requests and spend time praying for each other.
Spend time praying for each other and expressing gratitude for the unconditional love of God.