Limitless Week 5
Every country has its borders. Every ocean, its shorelines. But the power and love of God truly knows no bounds. And He is still not finished with Eastside! As we continue to declare his faithfulness, we eagerly anticipate what He will do in and through us. Join us beginning October 21/22 as we launch toward a future filled with LIMITLESS possibilities.
In our final message, Gene talks about “Limitless Generosity” as we explore Paul’s farewell message to the believers in Ephesus. Paul emphasizes the need to stay rooted in the Gospel and commit to God’s grace while living lives of radical generosity. He encourages the believers to slay materialism, trust in God’s provision, and bring delight to God’s heart through their giving. Pastor Gene urges the congregation to embrace a life of limitless generosity driven by gratitude for God’s grace.
Begin with some conversation, checking in on how people are doing. You can talk about whatever you’d like, but here are a few potential questions to get the conversation going.
If you were a millionaire for a day, what is the most unusual way you would use your money?
- How does our gratitude for God’s limitless grace translate into limitless generosity?
List some ways to show gratitude for God’s grace by being generous to others this week.
- How can we as believers stay committed to God’s Word despite the potential distortion of truth by ‘savage wolves’?
What are some practical ways you can guard against false teachings and stay rooted in God’s Word in your everyday life?
- What does it mean to live a life of radical generosity, and why is it important?
How can you practice radical generosity within your family, community, or church?
- Can you share a personal experience of how generous giving has transformed your life or deepened your trust in God?
Are there areas in your life where you struggle to trust God’s provision, and how can you work on trusting God more?
- In Acts 20:35, Jesus says ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ What does this mean to you, and how can it influence your actions as a believer?
What specific ways can you give generously to others in your life right now, and how do you think it will bless you in return?
wrap up | prayer
- Ask for prayer requests and encourage everyone to bring their needs and concerns before God.
- Pray for a deeper commitment to God and the Word of His grace, as Paul emphasized in his farewell message to the believers in Ephesus.
- Pray for the strength and courage to live lives of radical generosity, following Paul’s example of working hard and living simply to help the poor.
- Pray for a transformation in hearts towards generosity, promoting life change, deepening trust in God’s provision, and bringing delight to God’s heart.
You reached the end! Thank you for pausing what you normally do to join us for this series!
If you prefer to print this discussion guide please click on the “Download Guide” button below.