Limitless Week 4
Every country has its borders. Every ocean, its shorelines. But the power and love of God truly knows no bounds. And He is still not finished with Eastside! As we continue to declare his faithfulness, we eagerly anticipate what He will do in and through us. Join us beginning October 21/22 as we launch toward a future filled with LIMITLESS possibilities.
Jake’s message “Limitless Legacy” about breaking down barriers and expanding the reach of the Gospel message. Through the story of Peter’s vision and his encounter with Cornelius, Pastor Jake emphasizes the importance of including everyone in God’s Kingdom. He calls for the congregation to unleash local compassion, invite others to church, and be generous to remove barriers and invite people to experience Jesus.
Begin with some conversation, checking in on how people are doing. You can talk about whatever you’d like, but here are a few potential questions to get the conversation going.
Share a personal experience or example from your life where you’ve seen the impact of a positive legacy left by someone.
- In what ways have you experienced or witnessed barriers put up to exclude certain people?
What actions can you take to help break down unnecessary barriers in your daily life?
- How did Peter’s vision challenge his deeply ingrained beliefs?
Are there any beliefs or practices that may need to be re-evaluated because God’s message is for everyone?
- How did Peter’s encounter with Cornelius change his perspective on the Gospel’s reach?
How can you actively seek opportunities to share the Gospel message with people who may feel excluded?
- What is one specific step you can take this week to become more involved in breaking down barriers?
- What can you learn from Acts 10 and 11 about God’s desire to reach everyone?
How can your understanding of that transform the way you interact with others in your daily life?
This weekend will be our commitment and Global Impact Weekend. Remind them to look over their workbook under What Is Your Role. You can also view it online at unfinished.eastside.com/commit/.
wrap up | prayer
Ask for any prayer requests and pray over them.
- Pray for God to challenge any preconceived notions and barriers they may have in their own lives, similar to how Peter’s beliefs were challenged in the background or previous exclusions, just as Peter did with Cornelius.
- Pray for the courage to step out of our comfort zones and participate in the mission to break down unnecessary barriers, and make a limitless impact in the world.
- Lastly, ask for a heart of generosity and the willingness to lean on God’s power as we consider how we can join in with Eastside’s Unfinished this weekend.
If you prefer to print this discussion guide please click on the “Download Guide” button below.