Limitless Week 3
Every country has its borders. Every ocean, its shorelines. But the power and love of God truly knows no bounds. And He is still not finished with Eastside! As we continue to declare his faithfulness, we eagerly anticipate what He will do in and through us. Join us beginning October 21/22 as we launch toward a future filled with LIMITLESS possibilities.
- Play the video with a message from Gene and include a story..
- This video will be the fourth week for the Limitless groups but week three of the weekend Limitless series.
- To access the Week Two – Limitless Surrender videos, go to:
Gene delivers a message titled “Limitless Surrender.” He highlights the examples of Peter, John, and Saul/Paul, who demonstrated limitless courage and surrender to God’s will. The sermon emphasizes that even those resistant to God’s prompting can experience transformation and significantly contribute to Christianity. Gene challenges listeners to surrender fully to Jesus and be open to God’s work in their own lives and the lives of others.
Begin with some conversation, checking in on how people are doing. You can talk about whatever you’d like, but here is a question to get the conversation going.
Share a favorite tradition you look forward to each year with family and/or friends.
Play the Teaching Video for Week 3 – Limitless Surrender.
- Share reflections from the video. Watch the video with the links above.
- Here is the link to the YouTube Playlist
- Last week, Gene talked about Peter and John’s courageous actions when facing persecution from Jewish leaders.
Can you think of a situation in your own life where you could show courage and stand up for your faith, despite potential pushback from others?
- Why is it significant not to dismiss anyone and to view others with the same compassion that Jesus had?
Gene highlights that God can bring about surprising transformations in people’s lives, similar to Saul’s transformation from a persecutor to a prominent Christian leader.
Can you think of someone in your life whom you might have unfairly judged or underestimated? How can you shift your perspective to see them with the same understanding and love that Jesus demonstrated?
- What are some of the significant contributions Paul made to Christianity after surrendering his life to Jesus?
What are some ways you can also make a positive impact on your community and in the lives of others after fully surrendering to Jesus?
- What does it mean to be ‘kicking against the goads’ and how might you be stubbornly resisting God’s promptings in your life?
In what areas of your own life are you resisting God’s promptings, and what steps can you take to soften your heart and embrace His guidance?
- Read Acts 9:1-9, what key details of Saul’s life-changing encounter with Jesus on the road to Damascus are revealed, and how can they inspire our journey of surrender?
This scripture passage details Saul’s dramatic conversion: being blinded by a bright light, hearing Jesus’ voice, and submitting to His authority.
Are there any aspects of this account that particularly resonated with you, and how can they motivate you to surrender more to Jesus in your own life?
wrap up | prayer
- Share prayer requests
- Pray for a spirit of limitless surrender. Ask God to help you to surrender fully to Him, to trust His plans, and to have the courage to follow His will.
- Pray for the upcoming Global Impact weekend and all the Eastsiders to engage in their own Unfinished journey. Ask God to bless these efforts and to use them to further His kingdom.
If you prefer to print this discussion guide please click on the “Download Guide” button below.