have I been baptized?
Wondering why your baptism badge is not lit? Here are a few questions to consider.
If you've been baptized, please click on the "I have already been baptized" button below.
- Baptism is an outward expression of an inward change. It’s a public declaration of how Jesus is changing your life.
- Being baptized shows that you’ve decided to follow Jesus as your leader and forgiver, and allows others to celebrate this decision with you (Acts 16:31-34).
- Baptism is a picture of the death, burial and resurrection in your life just as Jesus was that first Easter.
- The power that brought Jesus back to life is the same power Jesus uses to change our lives – and that’s worth getting excited about!
- Baptisms in the Bible were by immersion.
- The original word for baptism most often referred to being immersed or submerged in water.
- Jesus was baptized by being immersed in the water and rising out of it (Matthew 3:16, Mark 1:10).
- Submersion in the water symbolizes the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus (1 Corinthians 15:3-4).
- Being submerged under water represents our death to sin and old way of life, and being raised out of the water is a picture of how Jesus raised us and gave us a fresh start in life (Romans 6:3-5).
- Once you’ve been baptized by immersion there’s no need to be baptized again. The work God does in baptism sticks. Even if you fell away from God for a while, the fact that you’re back is a testament to the work that God did in your life and in your baptism.
- If you have not been baptized by immersion since you decided to follow Jesus, we want to help you take your next step. Please visit eastside.com/baptism or click the “I’m ready” button below.